“Having these tools is essential in living in today’s world & realising that all will be well. It’s very freeing once you start practicing. Classes are performed in such a gentle inclusive non judgmental way” Previous participant
What it will do for you?
Mindfulness if one of the most scientifically tested forms of meditation and there is an large body of evidence that confirms the power of how it can help you to:
- Deal with stress.
- Learn to deal with your emotions
- Make better decisions.
- Befriend yourself and your body
- Improve mental clarity, emotional intelligence and relationships.
- Sleep better.
- Reduce blood pressure
- Combat anxiety.
- Smile more! Mindfulness has been described as a happy pill with no side effects.
Over the course of 8 weeks we will cover topics such as:
- The definition
- Scientific evidence
- Present moment awareness and coming off autopilot. Why?
- Wake up to your life and live it by bringing your awareness to each and every moment
- Bringing acceptance into your life as a powerful tool for change.
- Non Judgement. How to remove the labels in your life.
- Body Scan Mindfulness practise – working with your body to developing a better relationship with it
- Gratitude. How it can help you be more optimistic.
- Compassion / befriending meditations. Lean to be a friend to yourself and no longer let other people bother you.
- Working with your emotions so that you don’t stay stuck in them!
- Your breath. Why it’s so important in Mindfulness.
Each week we will cover a specific topic, you will receive class notes, and a I will record a meditation for you to use each week
Mindfulness is the single best thing you can do for you, your relationships, your career, your head & your life.
The next 8 week Mindfulness Evening class will start on Monday 24th April for 8 weeks, (breaking for the May Bank Holiday, 1st May and the June Bank Holiday, 1st June), ending on Monday 26th June , there are two options:
- 6- 7pm or
- 7:30-8:30pm (please make your selection at time of booking)
All classes will be held in Blackrock Village. Directions are available here.
Investment: €195 for the 8 week course. Places are limited to 10 people so please sign up early to avoid disappointment. Payment is required before the start of the 1st class. A €75 deposit will secure your place.
You can pay the deposit via cash, cheque or bank transfer (details below)
Name: Ellen Shilling
Ac no 44212988
My name is Ellen Shilling and I have been teaching Mindfulness Classes for over 5 years, in both the corporate field and in the community.
“I recently had a baby and returned to work full time and life was just so hectic. My friends were saying I needed to look after myself and I should hit the gym and exercise to feel better. I tried this but I just wasn’t getting the head space that I needed from this activity. My mind was racing all the time. I was constantly putting myself under pressure with worry about my new baby girl and also about making a positive impact in the workplace while still running a home and being a good wife, daughter, sister and friend. I was speeding up but I needed to slow down otherwise I knew I would burn out and get sick.
It was perfect. An hour to myself once a week with a small group of like minded people. I wanted to slow down, to take in the important moments and mile stones with my baby and still produce good outputs for work. The mindfulness course taught me to slow down, be present, stop judging myself and just be me right now and be happy with it. I have taken the right steps to slow down and enjoy the present moment. It really is a gift! Thank you”