Having these tools is essential in living in today’s world & realising that all will be well. It’s very freeing one you start practicing. Classes are performed in such a gentle inclusive non judgmental way by such a lovely lady.
Mindfulness is the act of cultivating awareness of the present moment with full acceptance and non judgement
What it will do for you?
Mindfulness if one of the most scientifically tested forms of meditation and there is an large body of evidence that confirms the power of how it can help you to:
- Be more focused.
- Improve your concentration.
- Communicate better.
- Have higher levels of productivity with lower stress levels.
- Improve mental clarity, emotional intelligence and relationships.
- Sleep better.
- Deal with stress.
- Reduce blood pressure
- Combat anxiety.
- Smile more! Mindfulness has been described as a happy pill with no side effects.
- Relax: No longer be bothered by the small things.
- Lead a successful life: A clear path to your goals, clearing “the wood from the trees.”
- Reduce the ageing process: lengthens & promotes the activity of telomerase.
Scientist have shown that the brain literally changes shape after 8 weeks of practising mindfulness. They call this Neuroplasticity, and they have seen changes in:
- The cerebral cortex in areas associated with attention and emotional integrity.
- In grey-matter density in the hippocampus, important for learning and memory.
- Structures associated with self-awareness, compassion and introspection.
- Decreased grey-matter density in the amygdala, associated with anxiety and stress.
i.e the structure of your brain is automatically changed to be more productive, concentrate better, be more compassionate (with yourself and others) and deal with stress better after just 8 weeks!
I recently had a baby and returned to work full time and life was just so hectic. My friends were saying I needed to look after myself and I should hit the gym and exercise to feel better. I tried this but I just wasn’t getting the head space that I needed from this activity. My mind was racing all the time. I was constantly putting myself under pressure with worry about my new baby girl and also about making a positive impact in the workplace while still running a home and being a good wife, daughter, sister and friend. I was speeding up but I needed to slow down otherwise I knew I would burn out and get sick. I didn’t know what my escape was until I went to Ellen on a one to one and found out about the mindfulness course. It was perfect. An hour to myself once a week with a small group of like minded people. I wanted to slow down, to take in the important moments and mile stones with my baby and still produce good outputs for work. The mindfulness course taught me to slow down, be present, stop judging myself and just be me right now and be happy with it. I won’t lie, I still struggle but I am far more present with my baby and husband and much more forgiving to myself. I have taken the right steps to slow down and enjoy the present moment. It really is a gift! Thank you
What Mindfulness isn’t:
There are many myths out there, some of them are:
- You have to have 0 thoughts – that’s impossible. We’ve over 80,000 a day.
- You can only do if you can levitate – who can?!
- It’s for monks and spiritually evolved people – it’s for EVERYONE.
- You have to be sitting in the lotus position for hours on end – 5 minutes a day is a good place to start.
- You will have instant peace – this can take a little while.
- You have to be religious. – meditation has nothing to do with religion
Mindfulness is the single best thing you can do for you, your relationships, your career, your head & your life.
The next 8 week Mindfulness Evening class will start on Monday 24th April for 8 weeks, (breaking for the May Bank Holiday, 1st May and the June Bank Holiday, 1st June), ending on Monday 26th June , there are two options:
6- 7pm or 7:30-8:30pm (please make your selection at time of booking)
All classes will be held in Blackrock Village. Directions are available here.
Investment: €195 for the 8 week course. Places are limited to 10 people so please sign up early to avoid disappointment. Payment is required before the start of the 1st class. A €75 deposit will secure your place.
You can pay the deposit via cash, cheque or bank transfer (details below)
Name: Ellen Shilling
Ac no 44212988
Here is a mindfulness meditation that I’ve recorded and posted on you tube: