Morning classes are starting on Monday 27th of Feb, options are:
** 10am to 11am (2 places left) or
** 11:30 to 12:30
For 8 weeks ending on Monday 24th April (breaking forEeaster on 17th April)
Evening classes are starting on Monday 27th March:
** 6 to 7pm or
** 7:30 to 8:30pm
For 8 weeks ending on Monday 29th May (breaking for Easter on Monday 17th April & for the May Bank Holiday on Monday 1st May)
Where: Blackrock Village. Directions are available here.
Mindfulness is the act of cultivating awareness of the present moment with full acceptance and non judgement
What it will do for you?
Mindfulness if one of the most scientifically tested forms of meditation and there is an large body of evidence that confirms the power of how it can help you to:
- Be more focused.
- Improve your concentration.
- Communicate better.
- Have higher levels of productivity with lower stress levels.
- Improve mental clarity, emotional intelligence and relationships.
- Sleep better.
- Deal with stress.
- Reduce blood pressure
- Combat anxiety.
- Smile more! Mindfulness has been described as a happy pill with no side effects.
- Relax: No longer be bothered by the small things.
- Lead a successful life: A clear path to your goals, clearing “the wood from the trees.”
- Reduce the ageing process: lengthens & promotes the activity of telomerase.
Scientist have shown that the brain literally changes shape after 8 weeks of practising mindfulness. They call this Neuroplasticity, and they have seen changes in:
- The cerebral cortex in areas associated with attention and emotional integrity.
- In grey-matter density in the hippocampus, important for learning and memory.
- Structures associated with self-awareness, compassion and introspection.
- Decreased grey-matter density in the amygdala, associated with anxiety and stress.
i.e the structure of your brain is automatically changed to be more productive, concentrate better, be more compassionate (with yourself and others) and deal with stress better after just 8 weeks!
What Mindfulness isn’t:
There are many myths out there, some of them are:
- You have to have 0 thoughts – that’s impossible. We’ve over 80,000 a day.
- You can only do if you can levitate – who can?!
- It’s for monks and spiritually evolved people – it’s for EVERYONE.
- You have to be sitting in the lotus position for hours on end – 5 minutes a day is a good place to start.
- You will have instant peace – this can take a little while.
- You have to be religious. – meditation has nothing to do with religion
Mindfulness is the single best thing you can do for you, your relationships, your career, your head & your life.
Investment: €195 for the 8 week course. Places are limited to 10 people so please sign up early to avoid disappointment. Payment is required before the start of the 1st class. A €75 deposit will secure your place.
You can pay the deposit via cash, cheque or bank transfer (details below)
Name: Ellen Shilling
Ac no 44212988